BUENA PARK, Calif., Nov. 11 /CNW/ — Former 2nd Vice President of the 15 Million strong Southern Baptist Convention, Wiley Drake, said he is calling his Church, First Southern Baptist of Buena Park and all Evangelicals to boycott CBN and The 700 Club, since Pat Robertson has endorsed Rudy Giuliani for President.
Drake said there is a special nationwide prayer meeting daily to pray that Robertson will “repent and return to his first love” especially concerning the unborn and the homosexual agenda in America. The Daily Telephone Conference call can be joined at 8:00 am ET 1-605-772-3900 access code 399430#
There are several suggestions on the Boycott:
- Call CBN Switchboard 1-757-226-7000 or their 24- hour Prayer Line 1-800-759-0700 and order line 1- 805-549-2500 and let them know you are boycotting until Mr. Robertson repents and returns.
- List your name as an individual or your organization in support of the boycott, daily on the “Wiley Drake Show” Crusade Radio at 12:00 noon Monday through Thursday on-the-air call-in number 1- 800-839-3048. To listen in go to www.crusaderadio.com and click on listen live.
- Call in and pray with others about this situation 1- 605-772-3900-access code 399430# Pray that Evangelicals and value voters will have the nerve to STAND.
- Let CBN and the 700 Club know that you will provide no support.
- Send your support to other pro-life and pro-family ministries.
Pastor Drake says, “Please ask all Evangelicals and value voters to support the boycott.”
A great cry of exultation went up in the inner chambers of the GOP left when Robertson endorsed Rudy. “Now the Christians will come,” they thought, “following Pat.”
Perhaps Robertson thought the same. But there’s a reason they’re called “Christians” and not “Robertsonians.”